Zoltan! Be careful what you wish for
2019-11-21 12:43:50 UTC
There was some discussion a little while ago about scientists in
government.

Well this guy doesn't appear to be a scientist, but he does favor
"scientific" government. Whether he's a serious candidate or not is
another story--he's running as a Republican I understand:
<https://zoltan2020.com/>

Cthulhu is looking better and better.
Kevrob
2019-11-21 13:07:34 UTC
There was some discussion a little while ago about scientists in
government.
Well this guy doesn't appear to be a scientist, but he does favor
"scientific" government. Whether he's a serious candidate or not is
<https://zoltan2020.com/>
Cthulhu is looking better and better.
I's not Istvan's first go-round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoltan_Istvan

Here's a sample of his thought: Theistcideism

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nzem3x/do-we-have-free-will-because-god-killed-herself

"There used to be a ghod,but it died" didn't originate with him.

Was his SF novel any good?

2019-11-21 14:33:31 UTC
There was some discussion a little while ago about scientists in
government.
Well this guy doesn't appear to be a scientist, but he does favor
"scientific" government. Whether he's a serious candidate or not is
<https://zoltan2020.com/>
Cthulhu is looking better and better.
And then there's

https://www.peekaboogallery.com/product/1960s-prophetron-zoltan-fortune-telling-machine/

2019-11-21 16:25:42 UTC
There was some discussion a little while ago about scientists in
government.
Well this guy doesn't appear to be a scientist, but he does favor
"scientific" government. Whether he's a serious candidate or not is
<https://zoltan2020.com/>
Cthulhu is looking better and better.
And then there's
https://www.peekaboogallery.com/product/1960s-prophetron-zoltan-fortune-telling-machine/
Which an insurance company is /r/i/p/p/p/i/n/g/ /o/f/f/
doing an homage to:

2019-11-21 19:52:42 UTC
Which an insurance company is /r/i/p/p/p/i/n/g/ /o/f/f/
http://youtu.be/8VDrIOtyno8
I'd say the movie "Big", starring Tom Hanks, must be noted as an intermediary...