[tor dot com] Classic SF Works Set on Thrilling Space Habitats
2019-01-02 16:09:25 UTC
Classic SF Works Set on Thrilling Space Habitats

https://www.tor.com/2019/01/02/classic-sf-novels-featuring-thrilling-space-habitats/
P. Taine
2019-01-02 17:46:55 UTC
Classic SF Works Set on Thrilling Space Habitats
https://www.tor.com/2019/01/02/classic-sf-novels-featuring-thrilling-space-habitats/
Wouldn't number of Cherryh's novels fall into this category? Very little of
the "Compact" story line takes place on the planets, and much of it in the
stations, which seem to me to qualify as habitats. This is even more true of
the "Alliance/Union" books. Of the various Stations, only four come to mind
that orbit inhabitable worlds, and other than Sol the others, Pell, Cyteen, and
Gehanna, only Gehanna is livable without fairly high-tech ameliorations, and
Gehanna has, shall we say, problems of its own.

P. Taine
Steve Dodds
2019-01-02 17:51:02 UTC
4 books! With a little thought I can come up with 50
Lynn McGuire
2019-01-02 20:28:12 UTC
Classic SF Works Set on Thrilling Space Habitats
https://www.tor.com/2019/01/02/classic-sf-novels-featuring-thrilling-space-habitats/
4 books!  With a little thought I can come up with 50
Me too.

And 75% male authors, what a departure from the norm.

Lynn
Default User
2019-01-03 01:20:33 UTC
Classic SF Works Set on Thrilling Space Habitats
About a year ago I started a thread on newer works in this area:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.sf.written/17By44BNFdc/Mp8IJ6blCwAJ>

Naturally many classics were mentioned as well.

Brian