"Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan Livingston
2020-05-26 23:46:21 UTC
"Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/summer-2020-science-fiction-reading-list/

I have read one of the 27 books listed here, _Leviathan’s Wake_ by James
S. A. Corey.

I have three of the books in my SBR (strategic book reserve), _Fall_ by
Neal Stephenson, _Dark Matter_ by Blake Crouch, and _The Collapsing
Empire_ by John Scalzi.

Lynn
William Hyde
2020-05-27 18:26:10 UTC
"Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/summer-2020-science-fiction-reading-list/
I have read one of the 27 books listed here, _Leviathan’s Wake_ by James
S. A. Corey.
While my SBR is, on the whole, in good shape, the SF component of it is rather thin. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give Amazon money, again.

As I've read none of the above, any comments/recommendations will be appreciated.

William Hyde
Lynn McGuire
2020-05-27 21:13:01 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by Lynn McGuire
"Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/summer-2020-science-fiction-reading-list/
I have read one of the 27 books listed here, _Leviathan’s Wake_ by James
S. A. Corey.
While my SBR is, on the whole, in good shape, the SF component of it is rather thin. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give Amazon money, again.
As I've read none of the above, any comments/recommendations will be appreciated.
William Hyde
Read _Leviathan’s Wake_ by James S. A. Corey. Period. Awesome eight
book series, actually has moments of hard SF. Paints of full color
picture of a billion people living off the planet Earth spread
throughout the Solar System. Has been made into a tv series as "The
Expanse" on Amazon Prime with four seasons, each book is a season and
extremely faithful to the books. I am reading book six right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Wakes-James-S-Corey/dp/0316129089

If you are interested in _Fall_ by Neal Stephenson, be sure to read the
first book in the series of two books. _Reamde_.
https://www.amazon.com/Reamde-Novel-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0062191497/

Lynn
Default User
2020-05-28 04:23:06 UTC
Post by William Hyde
While my SBR is, on the whole, in good shape, the SF component of it is
rather thin. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give Amazon money, again.
I've been making good use of Overdrive e-books from the public library.
My library has Hoopla too, but the selection there isn't very good. I don't like that nearly as well anyway, as you are required to use their app to read books and it just isn't as good as most e-readers.

Brian
Titus G
2020-05-29 22:31:11 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by Lynn McGuire
"Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/summer-2020-science-fiction-reading-list/
I have read one of the 27 books listed here, _Leviathan’s Wake_ by James
S. A. Corey.
While my SBR is, on the whole, in good shape, the SF component of it is rather thin. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give Amazon money, again.
As I've read none of the above, any comments/recommendations will be appreciated.
Out of curiosity, I sped read that list a while ago but recall that it
included several from the Hugo 2020 Novel nominees which I have briefly
given my impressions here previously.

A Memory Called Empire, by Arkady Martine and Middlegame, by Seanan
McGuire were brilliant, The Light Brigade, by Kameron Hurley was great
and The City in the Middle of the Night, by Charlie Jane Anders was a
really good read. I did not enjoy the fantasy, Gideon the Ninth, by
Tamsyn Muir. The science is all futuristic.

Jerry Brown
2020-05-28 06:36:36 UTC
On Tue, 26 May 2020 18:46:21 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
"Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/summer-2020-science-fiction-reading-list/
I have read one of the 27 books listed here, _Leviathan’s Wake_ by James
S. A. Corey.
ITYM "Leviathan Wakes"
--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)
Lynn McGuire
2020-05-28 18:17:04 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
I have three of the books in my SBR (strategic book reserve), _Fall_ by
Neal Stephenson, _Dark Matter_ by Blake Crouch, and _The Collapsing
Empire_ by John Scalzi.
ITYM = I think you mean

Yes, I did. Sigh.