Breaking Cat News: the top rack
2019-11-28 17:43:45 UTC
Breaking Cat News: the top rack
https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2019/11/28

And an "Oh @#*1!" to you too !

2019-11-28 18:25:45 UTC
Breaking Cat News: the top rack
https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2019/11/28
Well, my daughter and I (with comments from Hal) discussed the
annual topic of "do we really want to cook a turkey?" "Heck no,"
and Hal went out and got a pre-cooked pre-sliced ham, which needs
only to be warmed over.

Also, her dining room table was long ago repurposes as a
cutting-out surface for costume patterns. Tradition,
schmadition.

We did have a Thanksgiving tradition once: go to Disneyland and
celebrate Meg's birthday while we were at it. Nowadays we lack
the time, money, and energy.
2019-11-28 19:07:51 UTC
Breaking Cat News: the top rack
https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2019/11/28
Well, my daughter and I (with comments from Hal) discussed the
annual topic of "do we really want to cook a turkey?" "Heck no,"
and Hal went out and got a pre-cooked pre-sliced ham, which needs
only to be warmed over.
I usually get some thick-sliced turkey at the deli. This year I
didn't feel like cooking so I'm going out.
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Also, her dining room table was long ago repurposes as a
cutting-out surface for costume patterns. Tradition,
schmadition.
We did have a Thanksgiving tradition once: go to Disneyland and
celebrate Meg's birthday while we were at it. Nowadays we lack
the time, money, and energy.
Sounds lovely. Disney anything for me involves air travel or a
multi-day drive.
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-11-28 20:08:34 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Also, her dining room table was long ago repurposes as a
cutting-out surface for costume patterns. Tradition,
schmadition.
We did have a Thanksgiving tradition once: go to Disneyland and
celebrate Meg's birthday while we were at it. Nowadays we lack
the time, money, and energy.
Sounds lovely. Disney anything for me involves air travel or a
multi-day drive.
Disney*land*, for us, involve(d) a one-long-day drive or air
travel when we could afford it. I have never been anywhere near
Florida and don't plan to.
2019-11-29 04:45:55 UTC
Breaking Cat News: the top rack
https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2019/11/28
Well, my daughter and I (with comments from Hal) discussed the
annual topic of "do we really want to cook a turkey?" "Heck no,"
and Hal went out and got a pre-cooked pre-sliced ham, which needs
only to be warmed over.
Also, her dining room table was long ago repurposes as a
cutting-out surface for costume patterns. Tradition,
schmadition.
We did have a Thanksgiving tradition once: go to Disneyland and
celebrate Meg's birthday while we were at it. Nowadays we lack
the time, money, and energy.
Oh gosh, I cannot do these 5,000 calorie days very often. The wife made
stewed baked sweet potatoes with walnuts, pecan pie, two pumpkin pies
from scratch. My dad made oyster cornbread dressing with habaneros with
my mother giving instructions. The wife cooked a fresh (never frozen)
turkey in the bag (very juicy) plus mom and dad brought a spiral ham.

There were no fist fights, no dog fights (my uncle and aunt brought
their dog), and good times amongst the eleven of us.

And old people do not like to drive home in the dark.

2019-11-29 05:05:52 UTC
Breaking Cat News: the top rack
https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2019/11/28
Well, my daughter and I (with comments from Hal) discussed the
annual topic of "do we really want to cook a turkey?" "Heck no,"
and Hal went out and got a pre-cooked pre-sliced ham, which needs
only to be warmed over.
Also, her dining room table was long ago repurposes as a
cutting-out surface for costume patterns. Tradition,
schmadition.
We did have a Thanksgiving tradition once: go to Disneyland and
celebrate Meg's birthday while we were at it. Nowadays we lack
the time, money, and energy.
Oh gosh, I cannot do these 5,000 calorie days very often.
Us, neither. My blood sugar will be hellish tomorrow and I DON'T
CARE; my A1C is consistently in the low 6es and my
endocrinologist is pleased with me.

The wife made
Post by Lynn McGuire
stewed baked sweet potatoes with walnuts, pecan pie, two pumpkin pies
from scratch. My dad made oyster cornbread dressing with habaneros with
my mother giving instructions. The wife cooked a fresh (never frozen)
turkey in the bag (very juicy) plus mom and dad brought a spiral ham.
There were no fist fights, no dog fights (my uncle and aunt brought
their dog), and good times amongst the eleven of us.
And old people do not like to drive home in the dark.
Understandable!

Meg heated up the ham, baked a couple of potatoes and a yam,
steamed some broccoli, and bought TWO pies, custard and chocolate
cream. Yum.
2019-11-29 06:25:04 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
stewed baked sweet potatoes with walnuts, pecan pie, two pumpkin pies
from scratch. My dad made oyster cornbread dressing with habaneros with
my mother giving instructions. The wife cooked a fresh (never frozen)
turkey in the bag (very juicy) plus mom and dad brought a spiral ham.
There were no fist fights, no dog fights (my uncle and aunt brought
their dog), and good times amongst the eleven of us.
And old people do not like to drive home in the dark.
Understandable!
Meg heated up the ham, baked a couple of potatoes and a yam,
steamed some broccoli, and bought TWO pies, custard and chocolate
cream. Yum.
OK that's it, I'm gonna go get another piece of pecan pie.

BTW, I found out the difference between LIGHT Karo syrup and LITE Karo
syrup the hard way when I shopped for the goods on Sunday night. The
manufacturer should be ashamed.

2019-11-29 17:22:06 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I visited my sisters in New York. They made a "Heritage" turkey, which
was outstanding, 2 kinds of sweet potato, stuffing - the bird had a much
larger cavity than a supermarket bird, so there was plenty - fresh green beans,
mashed potatoes, a corn souffle, and brussels sprouts. I went easy on the
"seconds," as there was both pumpkin and apple pie.

I earned a 20+ lb supermarket bird from the loyalty points program at
my local market. I have it defrosting at home, for a later feast.
I lent one of my loyalty cards to one of my roommates, so we earned points
on both out purchases, else I'd have never hit minimum purchase total.
He gets half the turkey, after I cook it. I'm defrosting it in my minifridge.
There's room for the bird, and what's left of a 6-pack of bheer.

When I've done "Thanksgiving Lite," I've grilled turkey breast and/or
turkey drumsticks. Since I've moved into my most recent place, and
have a full kitchen, I can roast anything I'd like, but turkey drummies
on the grill are a year-round treat, beloved of state and county fairgoers
and theme park attendees. With roasted ones, you can make pan gravy,
but that's optional.