[wfc] Monstress, volume 4 by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda
2020-05-29 14:16:48 UTC
Monstress, volume 4 by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-lead-role-in-a-cage
Don
2020-06-06 00:55:00 UTC
Monstress, volume 4 by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-lead-role-in-a-cage
"The Federation’s Cumaea witches believe that the Arcanics are just
the sentient ore from which magical fuel can be made."

We can only hope this magical fuel's made in a manner less ghastly than
the Star Tears in "We Who Stole the Dream" (Tiptree).

"As murder hobo stories go, this features more murder than most."

This nomenclature's new to me. Apparently it denotes something along the
lines of a first person shooter game, where players wonder around and
kill everything in sight.

Danke,
--
Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Magewolf
2020-06-06 17:58:08 UTC
Post by Don
Post by James Nicoll
Monstress, volume 4 by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-lead-role-in-a-cage
"The Federation’s Cumaea witches believe that the Arcanics are just
the sentient ore from which magical fuel can be made."
We can only hope this magical fuel's made in a manner less ghastly than
the Star Tears in "We Who Stole the Dream" (Tiptree).
"As murder hobo stories go, this features more murder than most."
This nomenclature's new to me. Apparently it denotes something along the
lines of a first person shooter game, where players wonder around and
kill everything in sight.
Danke,
I first heard it used for tabletop RPG's by people who wanted to play
but also wanted to show their superiority to all the riff-raff.
James Nicoll
2020-06-06 18:44:54 UTC
Monstress, volume 4 by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-lead-role-in-a-cage
"The Federation’s Cumaea witches believe that the Arcanics are just
the sentient ore from which magical fuel can be made."
We can only hope this magical fuel's made in a manner less ghastly than
the Star Tears in "We Who Stole the Dream" (Tiptree).
It is not! They lop off bits of arcananics, to keep the source alive as long as possible.
"As murder hobo stories go, this features more murder than most."
This nomenclature's new to me. Apparently it denotes something along the
lines of a first person shooter game, where players wonder around and
kill everything in sight.
I think it began in tabletop roleplaying, where player characters are often functionally
roving bandits.