[OT] The Sky is Falling!
2021-07-31 06:50:25 UTC
We heard it from Chicken Little!
In any case, this is about Angelo Pitoni, an Italian who, on a trip to Sierra Leone, found a rock with a nice blue color.
Analysis showed it to be mainly composed of calcium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, and calcium silicate. However, the stone was mysterious because it was heated to a high temperature without becoming discolored, and a stone with those ingredients is not expected to be blue.
The rock was given to him by a chief of the Fullah tribe, who also told him a legend that it came down from Heaven during the battle between Lucifer and his rebellious angels and God.
Well, this is all very well.
I heard about it through a book I encountered in searches for the writings of Kahlil Gibran - in which I had never previously been interested, but which piqued my curiosity after quotes from the second chapter of "The Prophet" appeared in a type specimen.
This book, though, was by one Eric Taborn.
Its title:
Does God Say the Earth is Flat? Ending the debate between the flat Earth and the globe.
The book is rather short, and basically consists of a number of Bible quotes which refer to the Earth as being a flat circle sitting under the dome of the firmament.
There we are: that settles it!

Pity that surveyors have gone out and directly measured extensive enough areas of the Earth that even if one thinks that all satellite photos are faked, and the ISS is on a movie studio somewhere, the Earth has already been absolutely proven to be a sphere beyond all doubt.
The Bible says: God is not mocked. But those who claim to speak in His name often set themselves up for that. This, of course, is an extreme case.

Oh, and the blue rock? There you are: actual evidence of a piece that fell off the firmament, so why are you still doubting?

2021-07-31 18:52:58 UTC
This book, though, was by one Eric Taborn.
Does God Say the Earth is Flat? Ending the debate between the flat Earth and the globe.
The book is rather short, and basically consists of a number of Bible
quotes which refer to the Earth as being a flat circle sitting under the
dome of the firmament.
There we are: that settles it!
Nonsense. If the Earth were flat, cats would have long since
pushed everything off the edge.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/