"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
2018-10-08 19:24:39 UTC
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"

http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/

Yup, a $240/gallon scam.

Any person who says that they can control the climate is a scam artist
to me. There are so many variables involved that we cannot get the
energy and material equations to balance.

And my cats extra long fur coat says that we are going to have a tough
winter here in south Texas this year.

Hat tip to:
https://drudgereport.com/

2018-10-08 20:19:42 UTC
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?

$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.

pt
Alan Baker
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Lynn McGuire
2018-10-08 20:49:58 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?

Lynn
Alan Baker
2018-10-08 20:51:40 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
Before I go, do you have anything beyond the Daily Caller to back up
your claim?
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-10-08 21:49:41 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 3:24:46 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN
Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-
fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number
include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
It's Alan Baker. He talks shit, and when you call him out on it, he
lies.

You know that.

Alan Baker
2018-10-08 21:50:55 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN
Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-
fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
It's Alan Baker. He talks shit, and when you call him out on it, he
lies.
You know that.
Oh, no, Terry.

I have the goods.

The report that Lynn declared so difficult to find...

...I found it...

...in about 30 seconds of searching.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-10-08 21:51:34 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN
Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-t
o-
fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
It's Alan Baker. He talks shit, and when you call him out on
it, he lies.
You know that.
Oh, no, Terry.
And the lies begin.

As predicted.

Good little monkey. Dance for me.

Alan Baker
2018-10-08 21:54:16 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN
Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-t
o-
fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
It's Alan Baker. He talks shit, and when you call him out on
it, he lies.
You know that.
Oh, no, Terry.
And the lies begin.
Nope.
Post by Alan Baker
I have the goods.
The report that Lynn declared so difficult to find...
...I found it...
...in about 30 seconds of searching.
And now I'll prove that I was telling the truth:

<http://ipcc.ch/report/sr15/>
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
As predicted.
You'll snip what will make you look bad?
LOL!
Alan Baker
2018-10-08 21:52:22 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN
Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-
fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
It's Alan Baker. He talks shit, and when you call him out on it, he
lies.
You know that.
Oh, BTW:

You will reply until I let you stop.

:-)
Alan Baker
Nailed it!
Lynn McGuire
2018-10-08 22:13:21 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN
Report Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-
fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
They're overstating the tax by a factor of 1000.
Do you have the figures to back that claim up ?
It's Alan Baker. He talks s***, and when you call him out on it, he
lies.
You know that.
I am still waiting for his carbon tax numbers from the UN report. At
this rate, I suspect that I will be waiting for a long time.

2018-10-08 20:46:05 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
Here is another report. Good luck on finding the actual report.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-report-global-warming-carries-043034382.html

Lynn
Alan Baker
2018-10-08 20:50:32 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
Here is another report.  Good luck on finding the actual report.
Actually finding the actual report is EASY.

<http://ipcc.ch/report/sr15/>

The only thing that's a little annoying is that they only supply it
broken into chapters, not as a single PDF.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-report-global-warming-carries-043034382.html
Funny that that report doesn't mention your $240/gallon tax, huh?
Scott Lurndal
2018-10-08 21:10:47 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Can't find the actual report to check. Does that $240 number include inflation?
$240 in year 2000 dollars is under $20 in 1918 dollars.
pt
Here is another report. Good luck on finding the actual report.
Try starting here <http://www.ipcc.ch/report/sr15/>, instead of whatever
political website (daily caller?) you use.

Read the full report, understand it, then get back to us with your
fossil fuel love-fest.
Alan Baker
You're first mistake is taking anything said at the Daily Caller seriously.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-10-08 20:15:25 UTC
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Yup, a $240/gallon scam.
Any person who says that they can control the climate is a scam artist
to me. There are so many variables involved that we cannot get the
energy and material equations to balance.
And my cats extra long fur coat says that we are going to have a tough
winter here in south Texas this year.
https://drudgereport.com/
Do you read Two Lumps?

http://www.twolumps.net/

Two cats, living in Texas. They complain about the weather quite
a lot.
2018-10-08 20:49:04 UTC
"A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax To Fight Global Warming? New UN Report
Suggests Carbon Pricing"
http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/a-240-per-gallon-gas-tax-to-fight-global-warming-new-un-report-suggests-carbon-pricing/
Yup, a $240/gallon scam.
Any person who says that they can control the climate is a scam artist
to me. There are so many variables involved that we cannot get the
energy and material equations to balance.
And my cats extra long fur coat says that we are going to have a tough
winter here in south Texas this year.
https://drudgereport.com/
Do you read Two Lumps?
http://www.twolumps.net/
Two cats, living in Texas. They complain about the weather quite
a lot.
Nope. Spicey Shrimp and Floorwax flavor, yuck !

Our 14 lb half Siamese loves the outdoors, hot or cold. Most mornings I
find him lounging on a patio chair before he drags his butt inside to
the air conditioning. He goes in and out at least a dozen times a day.

2018-10-08 21:01:45 UTC
I didn't see that figure in a news story I saw on CBC about this report.

1) Anthropogenic global warming is accepted by the consensus of scientists in
the field of climatology.

2) It is possible to drastically reduce carbon dioxide emissions and still have
a strong and prosperous America. That's because there are other ways to produce
electrical power.

Sure there might be political obstacles to replacing all the coal-fired plants
by nuclear reactors. These, however, can be overcome: the consequences of not
doing what is needed cannot be avoided.

Yes, motor vehicle use may have to be reduced, with people taking trolley buses
to work.

The time to act is now, while we can still use some fossil fuels to help in
carrying out the task of converting.

2018-10-08 22:17:31 UTC
I didn't see that figure in a news story I saw on CBC about this report.
1) Anthropogenic global warming is accepted by the consensus of scientists in
the field of climatology.
2) It is possible to drastically reduce carbon dioxide emissions and still have
a strong and prosperous America. That's because there are other ways to produce
electrical power.
Sure there might be political obstacles to replacing all the coal-fired plants
by nuclear reactors. These, however, can be overcome: the consequences of not
doing what is needed cannot be avoided.
Yes, motor vehicle use may have to be reduced, with people taking trolley buses
to work.
The time to act is now, while we can still use some fossil fuels to help in
carrying out the task of converting.
John Savard
AGW is not accepted by me and that is all that matters.

My cousin just bought a Tesla 3 with a 310 mile battery and all wheel
drive. $3 of electricity to "fill up". 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.

Awesome car but the $69K price is not reachable for the general populace.