"17 Best Colonization Science Fiction Books"
2018-11-05 06:41:57 UTC
"17 Best Colonization Science Fiction Books"

https://best-sci-fi-books.com/17-best-colonization-science-fiction-books/

I've read eight of these.

There are several books missing but I cannot think of them at the moment.

2018-11-05 17:48:38 UTC
"17 Best Colonization Science Fiction Books"
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/17-best-colonization-science-fiction-books/
I've read eight of these.
There are several books missing but I cannot think of them at the moment.
Lynn
Brunner's _Polymath_ and Harrison's _Deathworld_ come to mind.

Hmm, also _When Worlds Collide_, and _Farmer In The Sky_.

Lynn
Ivan Shmakov
2018-11-06 17:50:35 UTC
"17 Best Colonization Science Fiction Books"
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/17-best-colonization-science-fiction-books/
I've read eight of these.
There are several books missing but I cannot think of them at the moment.
Brunner's _Polymath_ and Harrison's _Deathworld_ come to mind.
Hmm, also _When Worlds Collide_, and _Farmer In The Sky_.
? While two of the Deathworld books involve survival in colonies
(against natural forces and societal customs, respectively), I
don't seem to recall either of them putting much focus on
/colonization/ proper -- at least not like we see in "Farmer."
(I think the remaining book was concerned with establishment of
a trading post, not a colony.)

(Haven't read the other two as of yet.)
FSF associate member #7257 http://am-1.org/~ivan/
David Johnston
The society of Pyrrhus has been around for centuries by the time Jason DinAlt gets there.
Robert Carnegie
But hasn't really settled in...
Ivan Shmakov
2018-11-07 02:17:17 UTC
[...]
Brunner's _Polymath_ and Harrison's _Deathworld_ come to mind.
Hmm, also _When Worlds Collide_, and _Farmer In The Sky_.
The society of Pyrrhus has been around for centuries by the time Jason DinAlt gets there.
But hasn't really settled in...
You mean, except for those who did?
FSF associate member #7257 http://am-1.org/~ivan/
m***@sky.com
2018-11-05 18:40:24 UTC
"17 Best Colonization Science Fiction Books"
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/17-best-colonization-science-fiction-books/
I've read eight of these.
There are several books missing but I cannot think of them at the moment.
Lynn
Possibly you could add Zelazny's "Lord of Light"