Sally Forth 26 October 2019: proper use of a running gag?
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-26 08:08:28 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/sally-forth/2019-10-26#comic-comments

Ted, you should have learned BEFORE the timeskip--and DEFINITELY after
it--NEVER EVER SAY THINGS CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE.

Also, how is that same trick-or-treater still the same age he was when
we saw him in all those previous years?

Hey, maybe he was already a ghost himself! :-P
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger.
Default User
2019-10-26 21:09:51 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
https://www.comicskingdom.com/sally-forth/2019-10-26#comic-comments
Ted, you should have learned BEFORE the timeskip--and DEFINITELY after
it--NEVER EVER SAY THINGS CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE.
Also, how is that same trick-or-treater still the same age he was when
we saw him in all those previous years?
And why is he there in the middle of the night?

Brian
Quadibloc
2019-10-26 23:32:20 UTC
Post by Default User
And why is he there in the middle of the night?
If the trick-or-treater is supposed to be even more frightening than the giant
monster that has taken over their house... he wouldn't have to confine himself to
normal hours. However, I didn't go far enough back in looking at earlier strips to
get the point of the joke of this one; I'm suspecting I might have had to have
read _last_ Halloween's strips to do that.

2019-10-27 03:26:52 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Chrysi Cat
https://www.comicskingdom.com/sally-forth/2019-10-26#comic-comments
Ted, you should have learned BEFORE the timeskip--and DEFINITELY after
it--NEVER EVER SAY THINGS CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE.
Also, how is that same trick-or-treater still the same age he was when
we saw him in all those previous years?
And why is he there in the middle of the night?
Brian
He has been known to show up days early for practice:

https://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2018/10/28/ted-forth-vs-the-trick-or-treater-chapter-ten-the-multiverse-edition/
2019-10-27 20:22:59 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
https://www.comicskingdom.com/sally-forth/2019-10-26#comic-comments
Ted, you should have learned BEFORE the timeskip--and DEFINITELY after
it--NEVER EVER SAY THINGS CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE.
Also, how is that same trick-or-treater still the same age he was when
we saw him in all those previous years?
Hey, maybe he was already a ghost himself! :-P
He certainly turned out to be genre-savvy.

https://safr.kingfeatures.com/api/img.php?e=png&s=c&file=U2FsbHlGb3J0aC8yMDE5LzEwL1NhbGx5X0ZvcnRoX250Yi4yMDE5MTAyN18xNTM2LnBuZw==

Note, regular Comics Kingdom links don't last very long these days, so I included the actual image link that will be more persistent.

There's an alternate comic with a title panel worth seeing. I couldn't figure out how to get the image link for that, but you can see it by clicking the image from the strip page.

Brian
Robert Carnegie
2019-10-27 23:50:06 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Chrysi Cat
https://www.comicskingdom.com/sally-forth/2019-10-26#comic-comments
Ted, you should have learned BEFORE the timeskip--and DEFINITELY after
it--NEVER EVER SAY THINGS CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE.
Also, how is that same trick-or-treater still the same age he was when
we saw him in all those previous years?
Hey, maybe he was already a ghost himself! :-P
He certainly turned out to be genre-savvy.
https://safr.kingfeatures.com/api/img.php?e=png&s=c&file=U2FsbHlGb3J0aC8yMDE5LzEwL1NhbGx5X0ZvcnRoX250Yi4yMDE5MTAyN18xNTM2LnBuZw==
Note, regular Comics Kingdom links don't last very long these days, so I included the actual image link that will be more persistent.
There's an alternate comic with a title panel worth seeing. I couldn't figure out how to get the image link for that, but you can see it by clicking the image from the strip page.
I seemed to hit a limit for reading without a
subscription...?
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2019-10-28 05:02:52 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Default User
There's an alternate comic with a title panel worth seeing. I couldn't
figure out how to get the image link for that, but you can see it by
clicking the image from the strip page.
I seemed to hit a limit for reading without a
subscription...?
You can probably get it throught the PI:

https://www.seattlepi.com/comics-and-games/fun/Sally_Forth/2019-10-27/

although the link that failed for you is a much bigger and nicer
image. (Did you try doing it in an incogntito window?)

Also, the link I posted yesterday has (all?) the previous appearances of
the character:

https://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2018/10/28/ted-forth-vs-the-trick-or-treater-chapter-ten-the-multiverse-edition/