"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
2021-02-24 21:58:39 UTC
"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/the-best-dying-earth-books/

I have read "The Forge of God" and "Tales of the Dying Earth" out of the
16 books.

2021-02-24 22:01:57 UTC
"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
   https://best-sci-fi-books.com/the-best-dying-earth-books/
I have read "The Forge of God" and "Tales of the Dying Earth" out of the
16 books.
Lynn
I would like to add "The Forever Hero" to the list.

https://www.amazon.com/Forever-Hero-Distant-Warrior-Twilight/dp/0312868383/

Lynn
David Duffy
2021-02-24 23:51:55 UTC
"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/the-best-dying-earth-books/
I have read "The Forge of God" and "Tales of the Dying Earth" out of the
16 books.
I've read all save _The Last Policeman_. I always think of Dying Earth
just as a la Vance, so of that list I'd only count Nos. 1,2,6,11,13,
and some of those mentioned in the comments. For instance. Well's _The
Time Traveller_ has a paradigmatic dying earth, which Hodgson's _House
on the Borderland_ owes a lot to.
Lynn McGuire
2021-02-25 03:57:00 UTC
"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
   https://best-sci-fi-books.com/the-best-dying-earth-books/
I have read "The Forge of God" and "Tales of the Dying Earth" out of the
16 books.
Lynn
From a friend of mine:

John Brunner’s “Stand on Zanzibar” 1968
Dystopian New Wave.
Neat title. I couldn’t read more than 50 pages.

John Christopher’s “No Blade of Grass” 1956
was enough, thankyouverymuch.
Film was 1970. Never tempted me.

2021-02-25 06:01:51 UTC
"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/the-best-dying-earth-books/
I have read "The Forge of God" and "Tales of the Dying Earth" out of the
16 books.
Lynn
Read 7: _Zothique_, _The Night Land_, _The City and the Stars_*, _The
Dancers at the End of Time_, _Hothouse_, _The Book of the New Sun_, and
_Tales of the Dying Earth_. I also have read the short story
"Nightwings" (don't know what the difference between it and the novel
are).

*also have read _Against the Fall of Night_
_Nightwings_ = "Nightwings" + two sequel stories fixed up into a novel.
William Hyde
2021-02-25 20:07:53 UTC
"The Best Dying Earth Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/the-best-dying-earth-books/
I have read "The Forge of God" and "Tales of the Dying Earth" out of the
16 books.
You have a lot of great fiction to read, then.

I wouldn't recommend the Moorcock for you, but since there are two books in the list by Texans (well, people who at one time lived in Texas, anyway) you must read the Wolfe.

Moorcock did write a book about Texas while living there, and that you might like.

William Hyde