Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
2018-12-03 21:40:02 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03

Oh my.

2018-12-03 21:49:41 UTC
I don't recall any connection to written science
fiction in that particular comic.

Did you intend to post this to a different group? If
not, do consider it.
Freezer
2018-12-04 02:22:42 UTC
If I don't reply to this ***@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
post, the terroists win.
Post by Scott Lurndal
Lynn
I don't recall any connection to written science
fiction in that particular comic.
Did you intend to post this to a different group? If
not, do consider it.
Given Elder Winkerbean's state every time we've seen him over the
last decade, the idea that he even knows what sex is at this
point could be considered science fiction.
--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://mst3kfreezer.livejournal.com/
@allhailfreezer
Default User
2018-12-04 05:41:32 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Lynn
I don't recall any connection to written science
fiction in that particular comic.
Did you intend to post this to a different group? If
not, do consider it.
Given the non-moribund nature of RASFW, Lynn has been using it to
discuss strips. He has added rec.arts.comics.strips to distribution.

Brian
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-12-04 06:01:44 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Scott Lurndal
Lynn
I don't recall any connection to written science
fiction in that particular comic.
Did you intend to post this to a different group? If
not, do consider it.
Given the non-moribund nature of RASFW, Lynn has been using it to
discuss strips. He has added rec.arts.comics.strips to distribution.
Brian
We're non-moribund.

Yea us!

On an SF related comic topic, the first comic-strip Stan Lee tribute I've seen
is in "Brewster Rockit":

https://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2018/12/03

which is pretty impressive given comic strip lead times.

Not totally sure who the aliens are. They might be BR parodies of
Galactus and, um, The Vision maybe?
2018-12-04 07:07:46 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Scott Lurndal
Lynn
I don't recall any connection to written science
fiction in that particular comic.
Did you intend to post this to a different group? If
not, do consider it.
Given the non-moribund nature of RASFW, Lynn has been using it to
discuss strips. He has added rec.arts.comics.strips to distribution.
Brian
We're non-moribund.
Yea us!
On an SF related comic topic, the first comic-strip Stan Lee tribute I've seen
https://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2018/12/03
which is pretty impressive given comic strip lead times.
Not totally sure who the aliens are. They might be BR parodies of
Galactus and, um, The Vision maybe?
Bald guy is based on a Watcher, with a "soul gem."

https://www.comics.org/issue/19911/cover/4/

2018-12-04 08:13:04 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Scott Lurndal
Lynn
I don't recall any connection to written science
fiction in that particular comic.
Did you intend to post this to a different group? If
not, do consider it.
Given the non-moribund nature of RASFW, Lynn has been using it to
discuss strips. He has added rec.arts.comics.strips to distribution.
Brian
We're non-moribund.
Yea us!
On an SF related comic topic, the first comic-strip Stan Lee tribute I've seen
https://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2018/12/03
which is pretty impressive given comic strip lead times.
Not totally sure who the aliens are. They might be BR parodies of
Galactus and, um, The Vision maybe?
Bald guy is based on a Watcher, with a "soul gem."
https://www.comics.org/issue/19911/cover/4/
Kevin R
Hmm, OK. My assumption is that those two may have figured in a Brewster Rockit
parody in the past (in a manner similiar to how the "Darth Vader" parody
"Dirk Raider" pops up fairly frequently), otherwise why not use the FF or
Spider-man, but I don't recall such a sequence.
2018-12-04 15:41:01 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Scott Lurndal
Lynn
[...]
He's apparently "Ted the Observer!"

https://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2009/06/08

2018-12-04 20:06:15 UTC
Post by Default User
Lynn
Post by Ted Nolan <tednolan>
parody in the past (in a manner similiar to how the "Darth Vader" parody
"Dirk Raider" pops up fairly frequently), otherwise why not use the FF or
Spider-man, but I don't recall such a sequence.
--
He's apparently "Ted the Observer!"
https://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2009/06/08
Kevin R
"I like to watch"
2018-12-05 18:48:26 UTC
Post by Default User
Given the non-moribund nature of RASFW, Lynn has been using it to
discuss strips. He has added rec.arts.comics.strips to distribution.
We're non-moribund.
Yea us!
I am subscribed to RACS, and there is some traffic, but I think even
the most enthusiastic booster would have to say that the group is at
best a shadow of itself.

If you disregarded posts about Family Circle reuse of artwork and
complaints about Get Fuzzy reruns, the state would pretty much switch
to moribund.

Brian
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-12-03 22:36:24 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
I don't think there is any "safe sex" in the Funkyverse. Any approach towards
pleasure or happiness is met by deathly death.
2018-12-06 18:42:43 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06

2018-12-06 19:00:32 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06
Lynn
I haven't been able to read Funky Winkerbean since it moved from being
a mostly light-hearted High School strip and started being all about
deathly death.
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2018-12-06 23:29:09 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06
Lynn
I haven't been able to read Funky Winkerbean since it moved from being
a mostly light-hearted High School strip and started being all about
deathly death.
Chris from the Invincible Super-Blog used to do a column called
"Funkywatch" about the existential depressive horror that the cheerful
ordinary comic strip had become.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
David DeLaney
2018-12-06 23:29:26 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06
I haven't been able to read Funky Winkerbean since it moved from being
a mostly light-hearted High School strip and started being all about
deathly death.
Now be fair! From what I hear, _some_ of it is about cancer.

Dave, with a sprinkle of incest
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2018-12-06 23:26:06 UTC
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
    http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06
Lynn
"It's getting worse" has been the Funky Winkerbean motto for YEARS now.

I'll note that your links never actually give me the comic; I get a
page with a broken image box on it, surrounded by all the rest of the
site. There SHOULD be a comic but it never shows up.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-12-06 23:49:44 UTC
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
    http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06
Lynn
"It's getting worse" has been the Funky Winkerbean motto for YEARS now.
I'll note that your links never actually give me the comic; I get a
page with a broken image box on it, surrounded by all the rest of the
site. There SHOULD be a comic but it never shows up.
All comicskingdom links need Javascript enabled to work. OTOH, if you
enable Javascript, you will see Funky Winkerbean, so maybe your browser
settings are correct.
Joe Pfeiffer
2018-12-07 01:49:27 UTC
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Funky Winkerbean: The Safe Sex talk ?
    http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-03
Oh my.
Lynn
Oh my goodness, it is getting worse !
   http://comicskingdom.com/funky-winkerbean/2018-12-06
Lynn
"It's getting worse" has been the Funky Winkerbean motto for YEARS now.
I'll note that your links never actually give me the comic; I
get a page with a broken image box on it, surrounded by all the rest
of the site. There SHOULD be a comic but it never shows up.
FWIW I do get the comic.