[tor dot com] Five Revenge Tales Featuring Treacherous Bosses and Evil Overlords
2020-05-19 19:09:27 UTC
Five Revenge Tales Featuring Treacherous Bosses and Evil Overlords
https://www.tor.com/2020/05/19/five-revenge-tales-featuring-treacherous-bosses-and-evil-overlords/
2020-05-19 22:21:49 UTC
Five Revenge Tales Featuring Treacherous Bosses and Evil Overlords
https://www.tor.com/2020/05/19/five-revenge-tales-featuring-treacherous-bosses-and-evil-overlords/
loved all the adult Abercrombie's I have read but struggled to enjoy
his YA and short story collection. I also found Cook's "Black Company"
to be rather pedestrian and although I finished the first of the series
several years ago, have not yet read the second. The outlines of the
three others interest me. Which of those would you first recommend ?
t***@gmail.com
2020-05-19 23:01:20 UTC
Five Revenge Tales Featuring Treacherous Bosses and Evil Overlords
https://www.tor.com/2020/05/19/five-revenge-tales-featuring-treacherous-bosses-and-evil-overlords/
Interesting! First one that came to my mind was Vance's The Demon Princes.
Some of the others that came to mind (Bester, Kuttner,...) fill the "revenge" slot,
but don't really fill the "Treacherous Bosses and Evil Overlords" slot.

Malazan Empire series surely does, though. Also, Princess Bride. And Space Viking.
- Tony