[Because My Tears Are Delicious To You] The Day After Tomorrow by Robert A. Heinlein
2018-10-07 13:58:01 UTC
The Day After Tomorrow by Robert A. Heinlein

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/welcome-to-the-future
Default User
2018-10-07 16:56:40 UTC
The Day After Tomorrow by Robert A. Heinlein
The best use of the book probably was to compare it to the Campbell
shorter work, "All".

Some things were Heinlein going, "Well that wouldn't work", like the
new religion starting out killing Pan-Asians. Regardless of the policy
of religious tolerance, that wouldn't be allowed for long.

Others were the loyalty to the USA. The original ended up with a new
government consisting of an oligarchy of scientists masquerading as
gods. That clearly didn't fly with the Navy veteran.

All that being said, I have to confess that I rathered enjoyed this
book back in the day.

Brian
Lynn McGuire
2018-10-08 20:54:00 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by James Nicoll
The Day After Tomorrow by Robert A. Heinlein
The best use of the book probably was to compare it to the Campbell
shorter work, "All".
Some things were Heinlein going, "Well that wouldn't work", like the
new religion starting out killing Pan-Asians. Regardless of the policy
of religious tolerance, that wouldn't be allowed for long.
Others were the loyalty to the USA. The original ended up with a new
government consisting of an oligarchy of scientists masquerading as
gods. That clearly didn't fly with the Navy veteran.
All that being said, I have to confess that I rathered enjoyed this
book back in the day.
Brian
I still enjoy this book. I think that mine has the title _Sixth Column_
though.