[request] Carry On (Simon Snow, book 1) by Rainbow Rowell
2019-08-08 20:31:01 UTC
Carry On (Simon Snow, book 1) by Rainbow Rowell

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/like-to-rage
2019-08-08 20:50:24 UTC
Carry On (Simon Snow, book 1) by Rainbow Rowell
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/like-to-rage
"Carry On" always puts me in mind of bawdy British films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(franchise)

2019-08-26 14:55:41 UTC
Carry On (Simon Snow, book 1) by Rainbow Rowell
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/like-to-rage
I've just skimmed through Fangirl and I note that in the "real" novel
Snow is also a subversion of the Chosen One. The problem he's supposed
to solve is one that he's been creating by his efforts to make himself
ready to be "The Chosen One". Humdrum is Snow's evil shadow self and if
he'd just relaxed and stopped striving so much Humdrum would have been
no real threat.