"Elon Musk says SpaceX planning second rocket facility near Waco"
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-13 17:54:37 UTC
"Elon Musk says SpaceX planning second rocket facility near Waco"

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/07/11/elon-musk-says-spacex-planning-second-rocket-facility-near-waco/

"Musk: Goal is to power a fleet capable of building city on Mars"

"“This will focus on volume production of Raptor 2, while California
factory will make Raptor Vacuum & new, experimental designs.
Musk explained that by " volume production,” he meant two to four
engines a day. “That’s super high volume for big rocket engines, but low
volume by automotive standards,” Musk tweeted."

Dream big. And get out of California.

And a thousand rocket motors a year is breathtaking for the capabilities
of those.

Lynn
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-13 18:01:07 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
"Elon Musk says SpaceX planning second rocket facility near Waco"
https://www.kwtx.com/2021/07/11/elon-musk-says-spacex-planning-second-rocket-facility-near-waco/
"Musk: Goal is to power a fleet capable of building city on Mars"
"“This will focus on volume production of Raptor 2, while California
factory will make Raptor Vacuum & new, experimental designs.
Musk explained that by " volume production,” he meant two to four
engines a day. “That’s super high volume for big rocket engines, but low
volume by automotive standards,” Musk tweeted."
Dream big.  And get out of California.
And a thousand rocket motors a year is breathtaking for the capabilities
of those.
Lynn
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !

Lynn
Kevrob
2021-07-14 16:12:57 UTC
On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 2:01:14 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire wrote:

[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?

{Yes, I know this @#!&*#! pandemic will end sometime....}
Kevin R
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-14 16:21:42 UTC
Not if attention whore Fauci has anything to say about it. Or the
junta with their hand up Governor Nuissiance's ass making his lips
move.
--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:
Alan Baker
2021-07-14 16:24:39 UTC
LOL!
Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-14 17:06:36 UTC
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?
I suspect they will not require you to wait two weeks before having a
face-to-face with your barf bag....
--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-14 19:05:35 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?
I suspect they will not require you to wait two weeks before having a
face-to-face with your barf bag....
I am fairly sure that me and my barf BAGS will become very well
acquainted during 15 minute portion of the 30 minute ballistic flight.
We used to have a sailboat in the 1970s and I had a cast iron stomach,
even up to 10 foot waves in the Gulf of Mexico. Not any more.

Lynn
Paul S Person
2021-07-15 16:40:23 UTC
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 14:05:35 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?
I suspect they will not require you to wait two weeks before having a
face-to-face with your barf bag....
I am fairly sure that me and my barf BAGS will become very well
acquainted during 15 minute portion of the 30 minute ballistic flight.
We used to have a sailboat in the 1970s and I had a cast iron stomach,
even up to 10 foot waves in the Gulf of Mexico. Not any more.
Perhaps each passenger could be confined in a plastic roomlet, which
can be easily washed down after landing and debarkation.

If the plastic isn't see-through, the passenger could be provided with
a closet for the clothes and then be washed down as well, before
dressing and debarking.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."
Paul S Person
2021-07-15 16:37:45 UTC
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?
Well, we /hope/ so, anyway.

Preferably /before/ our failure to vaccinate the Third World produces
a really /nasty/ variant that is not only much more deadly but isn't
affected by the current vaccines.

Piggishness has its price.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."
Kevrob
2021-07-15 18:24:58 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?
Well, we /hope/ so, anyway.
Preferably /before/ our failure to vaccinate the Third World produces
a really /nasty/ variant that is not only much more deadly but isn't
affected by the current vaccines.
Piggishness has its price.
--
Does "Third World" = Missouri? Mississippi?

In parts of the US we can retain pockets sufficient
to evolve our own variants.

48.5% of USians are fully vaccinated.
Over 60% in my state are.

[quote]

25.8% of the world population has received at least one dose of a
COVID-19 vaccine.

3.54 billion doses have been administered globally, and 29.96 million
are now administered each day.

Only 1% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.

[/quote] - https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=USA

That last line is very scary.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker
Kevin R
J. Clarke
2021-07-15 22:26:06 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I am curious as to how "we" are supposed to "vaccinate the third
world". It seems to me that this would require conquest and
occupation.
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-16 02:39:51 UTC
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Kevrob
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I suspect that shipping the vaccine to the third world countries will
result in shipping crates sitting on the docks for months or years.

Lynn
Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-16 15:14:35 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
There are parts of the world where people who are starving to death will
destroy food aid shipments because someone told them they are
genetically modified.
2021-07-16 15:22:59 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:24:58 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-4, Paul S
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:12:57 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
In the long run, that tends to be a self correcting problem.

Chrysi Cat
2021-07-17 07:32:54 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:24:58 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-4, Paul S
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:12:57 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
If the "correction" includes a variant that not only kills better but
can fool the vaccine-prepped immune system, then it will also mean the
end of the entirety of human civilisation (human BEINGS might survive,
but the odds that travel of greater than 100 miles in a day would be
ever considered acceptable again would decrease).

We'd probably have been significantly better off if being unmasked, in
public, and not actively eating or drinking had become subject to a
full-on cultural taboo, but that's not the world we live in (and at any
rate, considering that hiding body parts tends to turn them into
erogenous zones, what would people have done when seeing each other _in_
restaurants in that scenario, anyway?)

But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine thinks that even
outdoor sports are going to have their venue capacities permanently
reduced to 60% of design, with future venues probably designed _from
scratch_ to need more distance around at least seat *groupings*.

I think she's a little over-worried myself, but then I'd have been fine
if masks were a permanent thing, so each of us has our little "these
aren't good quirks at all" issues..
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger
Robert Carnegie
2021-07-17 13:04:13 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
If the "correction" includes a variant that not only kills better but
can fool the vaccine-prepped immune system, then it will also mean the
end of the entirety of human civilisation (human BEINGS might survive,
but the odds that travel of greater than 100 miles in a day would be
ever considered acceptable again would decrease).
I don't see the virus doing that... wait, do you mean
that people from 100 miles away will be considered
to be carriers of the plague? Eh, maybe. We will
have communications however... but perhaps an
end to large "nations" with one political system.

War will be fought mainly by robots, perhaps even
if none of us meaties wanted them to.
Post by Chrysi Cat
We'd probably have been significantly better off if being unmasked, in
public, and not actively eating or drinking had become subject to a
full-on cultural taboo, but that's not the world we live in (and at any
rate, considering that hiding body parts tends to turn them into
erogenous zones, what would people have done when seeing each other _in_
restaurants in that scenario, anyway?)
Air kissing at six paces?
Post by Chrysi Cat
But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine thinks that even
outdoor sports are going to have their venue capacities permanently
reduced to 60% of design, with future venues probably designed _from
scratch_ to need more distance around at least seat *groupings*.
I think she's a little over-worried myself, but then I'd have been fine
if masks were a permanent thing, so each of us has our little "these
aren't good quirks at all" issues..
I don't imagine there a spectator sports venue in the
world that doesn't need improvement anyway.

Perhaps we can all attend and watch from our individual
robot flying cars, and be allowed alcohol and other fun
things, but not to get out.

Do you think you can charge an electric robot flying car
while it's flying?
Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-17 17:03:56 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine thinks that even
outdoor sports are going to have their venue capacities permanently
reduced to 60% of design, with future venues probably designed _from
scratch_ to need more distance around at least seat *groupings*.
I think she's a little over-worried myself, but then I'd have been fine
if masks were a permanent thing, so each of us has our little "these
aren't good quirks at all" issues..
I don't imagine there a spectator sports venue in the
world that doesn't need improvement anyway.
Perhaps we can all attend and watch from our individual
robot flying cars, and be allowed alcohol and other fun
things, but not to get out.
Do you think you can charge an electric robot flying car
while it's flying?
I seem to recall some guy named Tesla claimed to be able to do that....
2021-07-19 17:43:37 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
[...]
He also says he's going to put a million colonists on Mars by 2050.

You can't take anything a pothead says at face value.

Alan Baker
2021-07-20 03:41:33 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
[...]
Ah! You're confused!

Nikola Tesla was a person who made claims about providing electricity
through the air.

"Tesla" is a COMPANY, so not a he or a she.
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 19:13:24 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
You should kill yourself now to avoid the Christmas rush. No,
really, you wouldn't want no one to notice such a dramatic
statement.
Post by Chrysi Cat
We'd probably have been significantly better off if being
unmasked, in public, and not actively eating or drinking had
become subject to a full-on cultural taboo, but that's not the
world we live in (and at any rate, considering that hiding body
parts tends to turn them into erogenous zones, what would people
have done when seeing each other _in_ restaurants in that
scenario, anyway?)
But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine thinks
that even outdoor sports are going to have their venue
capacities permanently reduced to 60% of design, with future
venues probably designed _from scratch_ to need more distance
around at least seat *groupings*.
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.

Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?

Neither has anybody else.
--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.
Robert Carnegie
To save anybody the trouble: yes.
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 22:20:58 UTC
On Saturday, 17 July 2021 at 20:13:27 UTC+1, Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Chrysi Cat
We'd probably have been significantly better off if being
unmasked, in public, and not actively eating or drinking had
become subject to a full-on cultural taboo, but that's not
the world we live in (and at any rate, considering that
hiding body parts tends to turn them into erogenous zones,
what would people have done when seeing each other _in_
restaurants in that scenario, anyway?)
But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine thinks
that even outdoor sports are going to have their venue
capacities permanently reduced to 60% of design, with future
venues probably designed _from scratch_ to need more distance
around at least seat *groupings*.
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
To save anybody the trouble: yes.
Heh. It's such an iconic part of the usual flapper look.

The parallels between this pandemic and that one are remarkable.
Even to the idiots like you who gobble down whatever the "news"
media spoon feeds you.

pete...@gmail.com
2021-07-17 22:35:00 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Chrysi Cat
We'd probably have been significantly better off if being
unmasked, in public, and not actively eating or drinking had
become subject to a full-on cultural taboo, but that's not the
world we live in (and at any rate, considering that hiding body
parts tends to turn them into erogenous zones, what would people
have done when seeing each other _in_ restaurants in that
scenario, anyway?)
But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine thinks
that even outdoor sports are going to have their venue
capacities permanently reduced to 60% of design, with future
venues probably designed _from scratch_ to need more distance
around at least seat *groupings*.
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
To save anybody the trouble: yes.
Kind of hard to find, but the first photo here:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/i-predict-your-predictions-are-wrong/611896/

Pt
Robert Carnegie
2021-07-18 02:05:48 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Chrysi Cat
[...]
Of course one should read the article, making the case
in 2020 that eventually people will forget about COVID-19
like everybody forgot about Auschwitz and about 9/11.

And those ladies are not wearing their masks correctly.

And mainly I saw things like this
<https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/846574824/stylish-black-fringe-tassel-cotton-face>
which is a mask made in 2021 that has bangs basically!
Paul S Person
2021-07-18 15:42:16 UTC
On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 19:05:48 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Chrysi Cat
[...]
By today's standards.
"I have envied him long since."
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-18 19:05:14 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Chrysi Cat
We'd probably have been significantly better off if being
unmasked, in public, and not actively eating or drinking
had become subject to a full-on cultural taboo, but that's
not the world we live in (and at any rate, considering that
hiding body parts tends to turn them into erogenous zones,
what would people have done when seeing each other _in_
restaurants in that scenario, anyway?)
But that's not where we went, and now a friend of mine
thinks that even outdoor sports are going to have their
venue capacities permanently reduced to 60% of design, with
future venues probably designed _from scratch_ to need more
distance around at least seat *groupings*.
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
To save anybody the trouble: yes.
Kind of hard to find,
Rather the point. Good of you to admit it.

Dorothy J Heydt
2021-07-18 00:52:37 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Flappers were *post*-pandemic.
--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-18 01:54:26 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Flappers were *post*-pandemic.
Tsk, tsk, Ms. Heydt. You say that like you think facts matter in an
argument! :P
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-18 19:06:31 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Flappers were *post*-pandemic.
Tsk, tsk, Ms. Heydt. You say that like you think facts matter
in an argument! :P
While ignoring them!

Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-18 19:06:16 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Flappers were *post*-pandemic.
By a couple of years.

Gary R. Schmidt
2021-07-18 03:36:13 UTC
On 18/07/2021 05:13, Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.

But yes, I have seen a picture of a flapper wearing a surgical mask, she
was a nurse. :-)

Cheers,
Gary B-)
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-18 19:07:31 UTC
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.
Within a few years of the pandemic fading, it was largely forgotten.

Which was the point, for those who were paying attention to the
conversation instead of trying to move the goalposts.

The same will happen this time.

Gary R. Schmidt
2021-07-19 03:42:10 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.
Within a few years of the pandemic fading, it was largely forgotten.
Which was the point, for those who were paying attention to the
conversation instead of trying to move the goalposts.
The same will happen this time.
Of course it will. Most people refuse to learn from the past, some
wilfully, some through simple laziness.

Cheers,
Gary B-)
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...
Alan Baker
2021-07-19 05:31:12 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.
Within a few years of the pandemic fading, it was largely forgotten.
Which was the point, for those who were paying attention to the
conversation instead of trying to move the goalposts.
The same will happen this time.
Of course it will.  Most people refuse to learn from the past, some
wilfully, some through simple laziness.
    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)
Terry will be leading that pack.

He is the guy who said this was no worse than an average flu.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-19 17:45:04 UTC
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.
Within a few years of the pandemic fading, it was largely
forgotten.
Which was the point, for those who were paying attention to the
conversation instead of trying to move the goalposts.
The same will happen this time.
Of course it will. Most people refuse to learn from the past,
some wilfully, some through simple laziness.
And some people have a more realistic (and science based)
understanding of how pandemics work.

And some people aren't weak, timid, fragile losers who want to hide
in the basement all their lives anyway.

Gary R. Schmidt
2021-07-20 03:21:36 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.
Within a few years of the pandemic fading, it was largely
forgotten.
Which was the point, for those who were paying attention to the
conversation instead of trying to move the goalposts.
The same will happen this time.
Of course it will. Most people refuse to learn from the past,
some wilfully, some through simple laziness.
And some people have a more realistic (and science based)
understanding of how pandemics work.
Yes, but we know that doesn't include you.

Cheers,
Gary B-)
2021-07-20 15:51:14 UTC
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Gary R. Schmidt
[SNIP]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
The same claims were made in 1918 and 1919.
Have *you* ever seen a photo of a flapper wearing a mask?
Neither has anybody else.
Bit early for flappers, that's the reason.
Within a few years of the pandemic fading, it was largely
forgotten.
Which was the point, for those who were paying attention to
the conversation instead of trying to move the goalposts.
The same will happen this time.
Of course it will. Most people refuse to learn from the past,
some wilfully, some through simple laziness.
And some people have a more realistic (and science based)
understanding of how pandemics work.
Yes, but we know that doesn't include you.
I know you are, but what am I?

Titus G
2021-07-18 03:11:34 UTC
On 17/07/21 7:32 pm, Chrysi Cat wrote:

snip

Are you having a bad day, Chrysi Cat? Your post was interesting but far
too pessimistic for me to take seriously.
Post by Chrysi Cat
If the "correction" includes a variant that not only kills better but
can fool the vaccine-prepped immune system, then it will also mean the
end of the entirety of human civilisation (human BEINGS might survive,
but the odds that travel of greater than 100 miles in a day would be
ever considered acceptable again would decrease).
We'd probably have been significantly better off
Who is this "We"?
It is only the peasants who are dying and suffering economically. Is
anyone on Wall Street bringing sandwiches from home for lunch? Royalty
in most places appear to be immune as do billionaires and their
immediate loved ones.

if being unmasked, in
Post by Chrysi Cat
public, and not actively eating or drinking had become subject to a
full-on cultural taboo, but that's not the world we live in (and at any
rate, considering that hiding body parts tends to turn them into
erogenous zones, what would people have done when seeing each other _in_
restaurants in that scenario, anyway?)
Probably illegal to masturbate in restaurants even in the self-claimed
land of the free, the US. (I read recently that Georgia has passed laws
making it illegal to give food or drink to anyone in an election voting
booth queue but it said nothing about masturbation.)
Alan Baker
Bullshit.
pete...@gmail.com
2021-07-17 21:03:56 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
You know, Google exists.

Not destroy, but refuse, which amounts to the same thing for the starving people.

https://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/55669

"In 2002 the Zambian government rejected 35,000 tons of food aid because of the
possibility that it could be genetically modified (GM). During this time roughly 3 million
people in Zambia faced severe food shortages and extreme hunger. As the
government turned away this food aid, a debate over GM food aid arose globally. The government of Zambia remains firmly against both milled and nonmilled GM food
imports."

Pt
Alan Baker
2021-07-17 21:12:48 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Look up: "anecdotal".

And I would be large that the refusal was more based on the correct
palms not being greased.
pete...@gmail.com
2021-07-17 21:18:45 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
FFS, look things up. This is not an anecdote. It happened.

FWIW, Zambia reversed itself 2019.

Pt
Alan Baker
2021-07-17 21:24:51 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
That's not what "anecdotal" means in the context of statistics.

Yes: it happened. On a couple of occasions.

Your statement was that:

Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 22:25:12 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 5:12:53 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic
from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf
bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a
face-to-face?
sometime....}
[...]
He said it happened. It happened.

Nobody mention statistics. Except you, trying to not look as
mentally ill and delusional as you are.

Take you meds. Really. You *need* them. Maybe the voices will stop
telling you to do bad things.

Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 22:24:25 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
He *can't*. He lacks he mental capacity to understand that he does
not experience the real world. Really.

Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 22:23:27 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
No, he really doesn't. Every thime - literally *every* time - that
he's ever tried to back up his insane fantasies with sources -
*every* time - he's only managed to come up with sources that prove
him wrong. So he's simply stopped being capable of accepting that
it exists.

Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-18 01:51:01 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
That was the government. There have also been instances where the local
government accepted such aid and the people lined up for it have rioted
and destroyed the food upon hearing a rumor that it was GM.
pete...@gmail.com
2021-07-19 00:41:27 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I provided a citation. Can you do the same?

Pt
Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-19 05:28:05 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Not offhand, the last I remember hearing was several years ago and its
late. Maybe I'll remember to look for it tomorrow my time.
Robert Carnegie
2021-07-19 01:45:53 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
If the U.S. gives food away, I certainly will
wonder what is wrong with it.
Titus G
2021-07-19 02:45:58 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
If the U.S. gives food away, I certainly will
wonder what is wrong with it.
Where the US sells food in my country, I know what is wrong with it and
never buy nor eat it. eg Big Diabetes Macs.
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-19 04:53:16 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
When I was kid in the 1960s, the farmers grew a lot of rice in south
Texas. You would see huge bundles of rice, crates of 50 ? 60 ? pounds
of rice, being shipped to Africa labeled a gift of the USA people to the
people of Africa at the Port of Houston.

Lynn
Michael F. Stemper
2021-07-19 13:26:31 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Dimensional Traveler
There are parts of the world where people who are starving to death will
destroy food aid shipments because someone told them they are
genetically modified.
Bullshit.
You know, Google exists.
Not destroy, but refuse, which amounts to the same thing for the starving people.
https://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/55669
"In 2002 the Zambian government rejected 35,000 tons of food aid because of the
possibility that it could be genetically modified (GM). During this time roughly 3 million
people in Zambia faced severe food shortages and extreme hunger. As the
government turned away this food aid, a debate over GM food aid arose globally. The government of Zambia remains firmly against both milled and nonmilled GM food
imports."
The original statement was this was done by "people who are starving".
This anecdote only fits if the Zambian politicians or bureaucrats who
rejected the food aid were among the 3 million Zambians who were
starving.

I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but at the moment I doubt that
this was the case. It seems to me highly likely that the people doing
the rejecting and the people doing the starving were disjoint sets.
--
Michael F. Stemper
The name of the story is "A Sound of Thunder".
It was written by Ray Bradbury. You're welcome.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-16 15:23:23 UTC
Post by Kevrob
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:12:57 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
After the first couple of weeks, it don't matter how long it sits
there.

Lynn McGuire

Lynn
Alan Baker
2021-07-17 05:42:36 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by J. Clarke
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
My girlfriend happens to work in international aid and development...

...and while that does happen, it's not really that frequent an event.
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 19:10:37 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Lynn McGuire
On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:24:58 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-4, Paul S
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:12:57 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
There are such organization that employ blow up dolls?

Alan Baker
I'm sure to you that was the very acme of wit.
Paul S Person
2021-07-16 16:36:37 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Kevrob
[snip]
Post by Lynn McGuire
ADD: Still looking forward to the daily ballistic from Houston to Tokyo
and back. Fifteen minutes of free fall. Free barf bags for all !
...& 2 weeks in quarantine before you get to have a face-to-face?
Well, we /hope/ so, anyway.
Preferably /before/ our failure to vaccinate the Third World produces
a really /nasty/ variant that is not only much more deadly but isn't
affected by the current vaccines.
Piggishness has its price.
--
Does "Third World" = Missouri? Mississippi?
Back in (IIRC) the 60s, /Scientific American/ published its annual
theme issue (all the topics were in the same general area, usually
scientific) on "Underdeveloped Countries".

First one up? /The American South/.

This was, of course, the Old South: legal segregation,
separate-and-definitely-not-equal, little or no industry.

<definitely political>
And, much as I regret the loss of life, I cannot help noticing that it
is Republican-controlled states that are promoting "vaccination is
optional" ideologies and, since virtually all deaths from the bug over
the last few months appear to have been /unvaccinated/ persons, that
means that a /lot/ of Republican voters will not be available to vote
Republican in future elections.

While those pesky Dems, with their concern for public health, will be
around to vote -- Democratic.

The Republican Party appears to be /literally/ committing suicide.
Hence, no doubt, all the nonsense about "kool-aid": projection of what
they are doing onto others.
</definitely political>
Post by Kevrob
In parts of the US we can retain pockets sufficient
to evolve our own variants.
48.5% of USians are fully vaccinated.
Over 60% in my state are.
<possibly argumentative, but not intended to be>
Which, by your last quote below, is 48.5 times as high a proportion as
the poor countries.

Where do you think a killer variant is more likely to evolve? Where
48.5% of the population is vaccinated, or where 1% is?

Where did Delta come from? The 'sippi? Or India (which was apparently
at 4.7% six weeks ago)?
Post by Kevrob
[quote]
25.8% of the world population has received at least one dose of a
COVID-19 vaccine.
3.54 billion doses have been administered globally, and 29.96 million
are now administered each day.
Only 1% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.
[/quote] - https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=USA
That last line is very scary.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker
Some time ago (June, IIRC) I read an article stating that, among US
cities, Seattle had the highest vaccination rate, well above 70% (for
at least one jab). The next-highest was Miami -- at 60.1%.

The point isn't the numbers, it's the /gap/.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-16 17:43:47 UTC
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell, the
actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.

You have a defective definition of "a lot."

Dorothy J Heydt
2021-07-16 18:05:39 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell, the
actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-16 18:46:30 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell,
the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
And the average age of those who die from it is . . . not at all
young. Doesn't help you any, and doesn't help me much, but we *won't*
be seeing millions of people dying in the prime of their lives.

Lynn McGuire
2021-07-16 19:01:55 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell,
the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
And the average age of those who die from it is . . . not at all
young. Doesn't help you any, and doesn't help me much, but we *won't*
be seeing millions of people dying in the prime of their lives.
And several thousands of people have now died from blood clots after
administering of the vaccine(s). Not good.

https://conservativeplaybook.com/2021/07/15/millions-are-seriously-injured-or-dead-from-covid-vaccines-eu-database/

As a person born with a congenital heart defect, this concerns me
greatly. But I got vaccinated back in April so I passed the adverse
reaction time without incident other than a severe gastronomical upset
after the second Pfizer shot.

The doctors in south Texas are telling young ladies to not get the J&J
vaccine now as it has caused blood clot problems with many menstruating
age ladies.

Lynn
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-16 19:44:07 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can
tell, the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
And the average age of those who die from it is . . . not at
all young. Doesn't help you any, and doesn't help me much, but
we *won't* be seeing millions of people dying in the prime of
their lives.
And several thousands of people have now died from blood clots
after administering of the vaccine(s). Not good.
In fact, it's far safer than most vaccines, given the hundreds of
millions of doses that have been administered.
Post by Lynn McGuire
https://conservativeplaybook.com/2021/07/15/millions-are-seriousl
y-injured-or-dead-from-covid-vaccines-eu-database/
As a person born with a congenital heart defect, this concerns
me greatly. But I got vaccinated back in April so I passed the
adverse reaction time without incident other than a severe
gastronomical upset after the second Pfizer shot.
The doctors in south Texas are telling young ladies to not get
the J&J vaccine now as it has caused blood clot problems with
many menstruating age ladies.
For definitions of "many" that amount of "you're more likely to die
of a breakthrough infection than you are from the reaction to the
vaccine, much less from not being vaccinated at all."

Gary R. Schmidt
2021-07-17 02:43:07 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell,
the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
And the average age of those who die from it is . . . not at all
young. Doesn't help you any, and doesn't help me much, but we *won't*
be seeing millions of people dying in the prime of their lives.
And the delta variant changes that - it appears to be just as
transmissible in young people as older.

Whether that leads to a greater mortality rate, we don't yet know, but,
as with all the strains of COVID-19, it's not the mortality rate that is
the big problem, that problem is having enough ICU beds and oxygen and
Remdesvir and IV steroids to to keep people who get a bad case alive.

Cheers,
Gary B-)
2021-07-16 21:46:54 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can
tell, the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
There is a subset of liberals, many of whom pride themselves on
their intelligence, educational accomplishments, and
understanding of science, who believe that going unmasked to a
conservative rally is a death sentence. They have this fantasy
that as a result conservatism will cease to exist.
Which is to say, liberals are every bit as prone to not believing
in science as conservatives. Stupidity comes in all colors.

(And in recent . . . decades, lefty moonbats have generally been at
least as anti-vaccine as wingnuts. I suspect they still are, we're
just not seeing it in the news coverage. Which says a lot about the
news coverage, and nothing about the anti-science lonos.)

Dimensional Traveler
2021-07-16 22:50:23 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell, the
actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
While the mortality rate may be relatively low there is still the fact
that in one year the US lost more dead to COVID-19 than we did in ALL of
World War II. I haven't checked in a few months but I would not be
surprised if we are close to or exceeded the number of dead in the Civil
War.

And not everyone who survives COVID-19 does so unaffected. Many suffer
crippling damage from the virus leaving them impaired for life.
2021-07-16 23:17:24 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can
tell, the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
While the mortality rate may be relatively low there is still
the fact that in one year the US lost more dead to COVID-19 than
we did in ALL of World War II.
It's also a comparable number to how many dies in the 1918-19 flu
pandemic.

When the US had a third the population.

Just to give you some perspective.
Post by Dimensional Traveler
And not everyone who survives COVID-19 does so unaffected. Many
for some values of "many."

Alan Baker
2021-07-17 05:51:43 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can
tell, the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
While the mortality rate may be relatively low there is still
the fact that in one year the US lost more dead to COVID-19 than
we did in ALL of World War II.
It's also a comparable number to how many dies in the 1918-19 flu
pandemic.
When the US had a third the population.
Just to give you some perspective.
And of course there have been absolutely no changes in medical care in
the century between the two events that could have had any impact on how
many people died.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-07-16 23:22:04 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can
tell, the actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
There is a subset of liberals, many of whom pride themselves on
their intelligence, educational accomplishments, and
understanding of science, who believe that going unmasked to a
conservative rally is a death sentence.
Well, it increases one's risk. It's not the guards-will-march-
you-to-the-scaffold-and-make-sure-you-come-down-in-two-pieces
kind of death sentence. But why increase one's risk,
There are many kinds of risks in life. And most offer some form of
reward.

Not everyone values potential rewards the same as you do. Having
some form of a life worth living is of considerable value to some.
particularly in a form that would also subject one to an
afternoon of delusional Trumpism?
Attention whore Fauci never did answer why churches had to close,
but mass protests (which were lighting buildings on fire) were zero
risk of spreading the virus.

I'd feel a *lot* safer at a Trump rally than at an Antifa or BLM
rally, if only because I'd be less likely to be killed for being
white.
I got sufficient Schadenfreude looking at all those empty blue
seats in Tulsa on the Internet.
You do tend to believe what you see in the news, if it's what you
want to see.

Paul S Person
2021-07-17 16:14:06 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
that means that a /lot/ of Republican
voters will not be available to vote Republican in future
elections.
Despite the iles peddled by the press, as best anybody can tell, the
actual mortality rate for COVID is less than 1%.
You have a defective definition of "a lot."
You comfort me, Terry. I don't want to wish a lot of people,
even delusional Trumpist Republicans, to die from drowning in
their own pulmonary secretions.
Yes, that it won't be more than 1% of the 74 million (per Bing,
searching on "national election 2020 vote totals") who voted for Trump
-- that is, a mere 740,000 -- is a great comfort.

The problem for the Republicans, however, is that those 740,000 votes
may be sorely missed in the future.

They lost Georgia -- not just to Biden, they lost both Senators as
well. This isn't going to make it any easier for them in the future.

And the 1% is "so far". Who knows what the next variant might do? Or
where it might develop?

BTW, I suggest not worrying about this, for that is pointless. I
suggest encouraging the hesitant (and, eventually, the Republicans,
who are far beyond resistance into active opposition at this point) to
get vaccinated so we can tell what level is actually needed for herd
immunity. Headlines like "infections up in all 50 States" suggest that
that is somewhere north of 70%. Well, either that or, in some States,
it is confined to Republican areas.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."
Alan Baker
And you got the "actual mortality rate" from...
Paul S Person
2021-07-17 16:04:41 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
And, much as I regret the loss of life, I cannot help noticing that it
is Republican-controlled states that are promoting "vaccination is
optional" ideologies and, since virtually all deaths from the bug over
the last few months appear to have been /unvaccinated/ persons, that
means that a /lot/ of Republican voters will not be available to vote
Republican in future elections.
I keep thinking of that, and kicking myself in the figurative
posterior for even briefly thinking that's a good thing. IT
ISN'T.
No it's not.

Wanting to beat them decisively at the polls -- yes.

Enjoying watching them kill themselves off -- no.
Post by Paul S Person
While those pesky Dems, with their concern for public health, will be
around to vote -- Democratic.
The Republican Party appears to be /literally/ committing suicide.
Hence, no doubt, all the nonsense about "kool-aid": projection of what
they are doing onto others.
</definitely political>
/sigh
What nonsense about kool-aid? I mean, I understand the
reference. But what have Republicans been saying about kool-aid
in that sense?
I suspect I am flashing on "drink the kool-aid" as used here rather
than anything in the news.

Sorry for any confusion.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-07-17 17:17:58 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Paul S Person
And, much as I regret the loss of life, I cannot help noticing that it
is Republican-controlled states that are promoting "vaccination is
optional" ideologies and, since virtually all deaths from the bug over
the last few months appear to have been /unvaccinated/ persons, that
means that a /lot/ of Republican voters will not be available to vote
Republican in future elections.
I keep thinking of that, and kicking myself in the figurative
posterior for even briefly thinking that's a good thing. IT
ISN'T.
No it's not.
Wanting to beat them decisively at the polls -- yes.
Enjoying watching them kill themselves off -- no.
We are agreed!

How often does that happen on USENET? :)
Post by Paul S Person
What nonsense about kool-aid? I mean, I understand the
reference. But what have Republicans been saying about kool-aid
in that sense?
I suspect I am flashing on "drink the kool-aid" as used here rather
than anything in the news.
Sorry for any confusion.
No problem, I just needed to know that the metaphor is being used
here, not on the national news.
--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 19:15:16 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Paul S Person
And, much as I regret the loss of life, I cannot help noticing
that it is Republican-controlled states that are promoting
"vaccination is optional" ideologies and, since virtually all
deaths from the bug over the last few months appear to have
been /unvaccinated/ persons, that means that a /lot/ of
Republican voters will not be available to vote Republican in
future elections.
I keep thinking of that, and kicking myself in the figurative
posterior for even briefly thinking that's a good thing. IT
ISN'T.
No it's not.
Wanting to beat them decisively at the polls -- yes.
Enjoying watching them kill themselves off -- no.
And yet, you do, literally, wish for such things and get pleasure
from the fantasy.

At least you know you're evil. And it does explain the self-
loathing of the left. It's well deserved, y'all being subhuman and
all.

Alan Baker
2021-07-17 19:30:30 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Paul S Person
And, much as I regret the loss of life, I cannot help noticing
that it is Republican-controlled states that are promoting
"vaccination is optional" ideologies and, since virtually all
deaths from the bug over the last few months appear to have
been /unvaccinated/ persons, that means that a /lot/ of
Republican voters will not be available to vote Republican in
future elections.
I keep thinking of that, and kicking myself in the figurative
posterior for even briefly thinking that's a good thing. IT
ISN'T.
No it's not.
Wanting to beat them decisively at the polls -- yes.
Enjoying watching them kill themselves off -- no.
And yet, you do, literally, wish for such things and get pleasure
from the fantasy.
And yet, you do, actually literally, just make this bullshit up.
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
At least you know you're evil. And it does explain the self-
loathing of the left. It's well deserved, y'all being subhuman and
all.
And you are on record as stating that such "subhumans" should be killed.