Alert - there is a Facebook group "Retro Rockets"
Add Reply
a425couple
2024-09-23 21:19:34 UTC
Alert - there is a Facebook group "Retro Rockets"
It is very busy and full of graphics.

Retro Rockets is a group for lovers of old time pulp, comics and film
science fiction and nostalgic fans of old time rocket ships, ray guns
and such. And for publishing our own “pulp”, Solar Stories. We want to
keep this a fun retreat for everybody. This group is a pulp science
fiction fan group, mostly the 1940s PLANET STORIES/CAPTAIN FUTURE/Doc
Smith/Jack Williamson type and TV series like TOM CORBETT SPACE CADET,
but also includes earlier Edgar Rice Burroughs sword-and-planet style
romances, and classic 50s-60s writers like Heinlein, Asimov, James
White, A Bertram Chandler, Keith Laumer, etc. In the 1940s universe, all
nine (including Pluto, Dr Tyson!) planets were inhabited, Earth colonies
existed on most of them by 1980, and you could get anywhere in the Solar
System by rocket ship in a few days - if not hours. Mars was a red
desert world with ancient ruins hiding lost races and superscientific
secrets and Venus was mostly ocean with a few prehistoric jungle
continents - with dinosaurs! The great writers of that time included
Edmond Hamilton, Leigh Brackett, CL Moore, and even Ray Bradbury's
earliest works.
Bobbie Sellers
2024-09-23 23:42:38 UTC
Post by a425couple
[...]
    Too bad it is on the anti-Social platform.
        bliss
--
b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com