[OT] Kanye West and Harriet Tubman
Quadibloc
2020-07-20 17:02:02 UTC
Saw a headline: Kanye West claims that Harriet Tubman never freed the slaves!
Considered to be shocking ignorance on his part!

From that headline, I said, wait a minute. I know I saw on television when I was a
child a spot pointing out that it was a "popular misconception" that _Abraham
Lincoln_ freed the slaves. This was based on the fact that he signed the
Emancipation Proclamation during the Civil War, and so his act of signing it
didn't _immediately_ free any slaves at that moment, as the states in rebellion
were not heeding Federal law.

But when did anyone claim that Harriet Tubman freed the slaves?

Then I read the article - he said that the slaves "freed" by Harriet Tubman went
to working for other white men.

To comprehend all this, I looked up Harriet Tubman's claim to fame. She bravely
went into the South on thirteen rescue missions, helping about 70 slaves to
escape.

All right, then, Kanye West wasn't just claiming that Harriet Tubman didn't put an
end to slavery - which is true - but that she didn't even bring the 70 slaves she
rescued out of slavery!

History, however, does not record that she _sold_ them to anyone.

The fact that, after being freed, they still needed to work to eat, and they
didn't have capital to start their own businesses, and they didn't have much
choice of black-run businesses to work for...

so that many of them ended up working for white people _as employees_

did not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean that they were still slaves.
Otherwise, most of the white people in the country could appropriate the
sufferings of the black people.

What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be demonstrated once
again. He needs professional help. Of the psychiatric variety.

John Savard
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2020-07-20 17:04:06 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be
demonstrated once again. He needs professional help. Of the
psychiatric variety.
He interacts with reality even less than you do, though still more
than Baker.
--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:
Quadibloc
2020-07-21 21:40:32 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be demonstrated once
again. He needs professional help. Of the psychiatric variety.
And the latest news headline implies that Kim Kardashian recognizes this as well.

John Savard
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2020-07-21 21:44:04 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be
demonstrated once again. He needs professional help. Of the
psychiatric variety.
And the latest news headline implies that Kim Kardashian
recognizes this as well.
Like she's in a position to criticize.

Quadibloc
2020-07-21 21:55:28 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be
demonstrated once again. He needs professional help. Of the
psychiatric variety.
And the latest news headline implies that Kim Kardashian
recognizes this as well.
Like she's in a position to criticize.
AFAIK, she may be an airhead, but I've not heard anything to suggest that she's
crazy. And she recently made the news in persuading Trump to help a wrongfully
convicted black man.

John Savard
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2020-07-21 22:09:02 UTC
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:44:07 PM UTC-6, Jibini Kula
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 11:02:04 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be
demonstrated once again. He needs professional help. Of the
psychiatric variety.
And the latest news headline implies that Kim Kardashian
recognizes this as well.
Like she's in a position to criticize.
AFAIK, she may be an airhead, but I've not heard anything to
suggest that she's crazy.
She married West, didn't she?

Aside from the diagnosible narcissism needed to want to be in a
reality TV show.

J. Clarke
2020-07-21 22:25:21 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be
demonstrated once again. He needs professional help. Of the
psychiatric variety.
And the latest news headline implies that Kim Kardashian
recognizes this as well.
Like she's in a position to criticize.
AFAIK, she may be an airhead, but I've not heard anything to suggest that she's
crazy. And she recently made the news in persuading Trump to help a wrongfully
convicted black man.
I suspect that's going to work exactly as long as it takes for Trump
to figure out that he is _not_ going to get into her pants. Although
he seems to be a very slow study so that may be long enough.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2020-07-21 22:26:59 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
What seemed to be the case after Taylor Swift seems to be
demonstrated once again. He needs professional help. Of the
psychiatric variety.
And the latest news headline implies that Kim Kardashian
recognizes this as well.
Like she's in a position to criticize.
AFAIK, she may be an airhead, but I've not heard anything to
suggest that she's crazy. And she recently made the news in
persuading Trump to help a wrongfully convicted black man.
I suspect that's going to work exactly as long as it takes for
Trump to figure out that he is _not_ going to get into her
pants. Although he seems to be a very slow study so that may be
long enough.
Your TDS is dripping down your chin. Again.

Quadibloc
2020-07-21 23:20:07 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
AFAIK, she may be an airhead, but I've not heard anything to suggest that she's
crazy. And she recently made the news in persuading Trump to help a wrongfully
convicted black man.
I suspect that's going to work exactly as long as it takes for Trump
to figure out that he is _not_ going to get into her pants. Although
he seems to be a very slow study so that may be long enough.
While I must confess that thought crossed my mind, I didn't take it seriously. In any case, the sought-after result is indeed an accomplished feat:

https://people.com/tv/kim-kardashian-wasnt-worried-reputation-meeting-with-president-trump/

John Savard
Kevrob
2020-07-22 02:44:21 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
AFAIK, she may be an airhead, but I've not heard anything to suggest that she's
crazy. And she recently made the news in persuading Trump to help a wrongfully
convicted black man.
I suspect that's going to work exactly as long as it takes for Trump
to figure out that he is _not_ going to get into her pants. Although
he seems to be a very slow study so that may be long enough.
https://people.com/tv/kim-kardashian-wasnt-worried-reputation-meeting-with-president-trump/
West has told the media, the the world, that he is bipolar,
and it is being bruited about that he is having a manic phase.

When Quaddie says something nuts, what's his excuse?

Kevin R
Quadibloc
2020-07-22 16:37:49 UTC
Post by Kevrob
West has told the media, the the world, that he is bipolar,
and it is being bruited about that he is having a manic phase.
Ah. Perhaps there is some reason that he has not been prescribed lithium
carbonate, and/or is not taking it?

But then lithium carbonate knocks one into the depressive phase - and being
_mildly_ manic doesn't just feel good, it lets you be effective and creative. So
being on lithium, he would have to go back to his "day job", so I guess there's
no way to win.

John Savard